Internet of Things (IOT) for Enterprise Asset Management
About the product
In 2008 the number of connected devices outnumbered people on the planet, and by 2020 it is estimated there will be over 50 billion such devices. Currently up to 95% of the data available from these devices is not harnessed.
Asset intensive organisations now need to implement solutions which will harvest and make sense of the zetabytes of data which will soon be available. At the same time, there are real concerns over security of the devices and the assets that they control – especially in national infrastructure applications.
EAMS Group IoT offering has been designed to provide solutions to meet these complex needs. The platform provides military grade security based on market leading cloud services to collect, collate, store and process data streams. Powerful analytics tools and rules engines are included to allow you to automate the response to asset failures in service, and explore complex relationships between operational conditions causing issues to design predict and prevent strategies and fine tune incident response.
The benefits of integration and combining IOT and EAM Systems go beyond optimising maintenance and obvious cost savings. Aligning maintenance investments to the demands of equipment saves money and improves effectiveness, allowing equipment to perform at the optimal level. Work planning will also become more efficient, creating savings beyond core maintenance and mitigating operational risks. Labour costs are typically reduced using asset health solutions, and worker health and safety is improved because operations teams can avoid dangerous, ad-hoc projects and conduct maintenance procedures only when required.
EAMS Group’s cloud solutions provide:
- Connectivity & Normalisation
- Historical Storage
- Processing & Action Management
- Real-Time Analytics
- External Interfaces, crucially to your EAM System
- Rapid deployment through pre-configured toolsets and integrations
- Optimise maintenance interventions based on real time, asset specific measurements
- Move towards predictive interventions
- Reduce preventative maintenance costs and target preventative maintenance where it will make a difference
- Ensures consistency and application of asset sensor data
- Surface all asset information together