GTR - Govia Thameslink Railway
In mid-2016 EAMS Group were selected by Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR), the UK’s largest Train Operating Company (TOC), to undertake a major new programme to implement our Mainline Rolling Stock Industry solution across their four brands: Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink.
This programme will consolidate a number of GTR legacy systems onto EAMS Group’s industry leading Mainline Rolling Stock Solution, itself built on the leading Asset Management platform IBM Maximo.
Our Mainline Industry Solution includes best practice business processes, established asset hierarchies, unique & fully integrated applications such as Fleet Availability Management (FAM), a mature suite of ‘smart mobile’ applications and hundreds of predefined reports that drive reliability and efficiency.
The EAMS Group implementation team consists of experienced Chartered Engineers and Consultants who understand the Rail Industry who are working on-site with the core GTR team and the local Maintenance Depot Teams to ensure a successful implementation and roll-out of the new group-wide solution.
GTR are currently facing challenges, but the EAMS Group new Mainline solution will bring lasting benefits to GTR and its customers by improving rolling stock reliability and increasing business efficiency as we have done for all our other customers.
In addition to the implementation of Mainline, EAMS Group will provide hosting and support over the lifetime of the GTR franchise and we look forward to building a long-term relationship with this important new client by delivering continuous improvement and value whilst supporting them on their ‘Journey to World Class Engineering Asset Management’.
Utilising our Mainline industry solution the GTR project was fast tracked and the first fleet and depots go live was in under 4 months.
A 7-fold improvement in safety of the railway.
A completely transparent information driven organisation with ground up mobile data entry and automatic data driven reporting removes the need for costly back office staff.
EAMS Group fully host and manage the GTR Mainline system, allowing for agile developement, support and scalable infrastructure.
Working in collaboration with the client, EAMS Group provided the following services:
- Strategic Asset Management Consulting
- Engineering and Asset Management expertise across Rolling Stock
- Business Analysis, Business Process Best Practice Design and Functional requirements
- Technical design for new infrastructure platform
- Technical Design and Build for the Desktop
- Integrations (to 3rd Party systems)
- A complete suite of Business Intelligence and Reporting to ensure that the business has the correct information to make the optimal asset management, operational and safety decisions with a 24×7 real-time view of compliance
- Process led, role based training and change management
- 24×7 on-site support during go-lives and full application support for the duration of the programme