The Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly (JNP) Lines of London Underground represent 44% of their total asset base and are three of the busiest lines on the network. Working initially for the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Infraco Tube Lines and latterly London Underground (when maintenance was brought back in house), EAMS Group has been responsible for the end-to-end strategy, design, build, implementation and continuous improvement of their ‘Metro Maximo’ Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System.
Delivered under the auspices of the highly successful AMIP (Asset Management Improvement Programme), this total business change and transformation programme was far more than just another Asset Management system upgrade or implementation.
Reporting to the Executive and starting with the definition of JNP’s Asset Information and Enterprise Asset Management Strategies, a full business process optimisation exercise was carried out for the 13 Asset Classes and 7 Business Units that are responsible for delivering some of the most intensively operated metro railways lines in the world.
This was followed by realisation of over 1,300 optimised business processes during a phased roll-out to over 1,500 end users. By using our Agile development methodology, we reduced business risk and radically shortened the ‘time to value’ of implementing the Metro Maximo Industry Solution, built on the industry leading IBM Maximo framework.
COMET and NOVA Groups have benchmarked LU’s Metro Maximo as the best EAM solution globally.
Savings of £1.2B were enabled through maximising work force utilisation, asset life extension and running a lean transparent organisation
Increased mean time between failures and improved asset availability.
A 7-fold improvement in safety of the railway.
A completely transparent information driven organisation with ground up mobile data entry and automatic data driven reporting removing the need costly back office staff
Working in collaboration with the client, EAMS Group provided the following services:
- Strategic Asset Management Consulting
- Engineering and Asset Management expertise across Rolling Stock, Infrastructure and Stations asset classes
- Full Enterprise Health and Safety solution including sub-contractors
- Business Analysis, Business Process Best Practice Design and Functional requirements
- Technical design for new infrastructure platform
- Technical Design and Build for the Desktop
- Technical Design and Build for the 11 Smart Mobile Applications that extend complex business processes into the field
- Integration (including to Sharepoint, Oracle ERP and 3rd Party Maintainer systems)
- A complete suite of Business Intelligence and Reporting to ensure that the business has the correct information to make the optimal asset management, operational and safety decisions with a 24×7 real-time view of compliance across over 700,000 assets – something that few railways in the world can claim
- Process led, role based training and change management
- 24×7 on-site support during go-lives and full application support for the duration of the programme